Weirton is comprised of top-rated schools that are in both Hancock and Brooke County School Districts. Having schools in both districts gives Weirton residents a unique opportunity to choose where their children attend school, including:
Hancock County Schools
- Weirton Elementary (public)
- Weir Middle School (public)
- Weir High School (public)
- St. Joseph School – Preschool to Eighth Grade (private)
- St. Paul School – Preschool to Eighth Grade (private)
- Madonna High School (private)
Brooke County Schools
- Lauretta B Millsop Primary School (public)
- Follansbee Middle School (public)
- Brooke High School (public)
West Virginia Northern Community College has a campus on Weirton Heights, and Eastern Gateway Community College is just a 15-minute drive away in neighboring Steubenville, Ohio.
The renowned Franciscan University is also in Steubenville. There are 8 other colleges and universities within an hour drive of Weirton including major universities such as the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, and Duquesne University.