Borrowing From the Library

To borrow materials from the library patrons will need to acquire a library card. Library cards are issued by the Mary H. Weir Public Library in conjunction with the NORLN consortium, and patrons who are issued a card may use it at any NORLN library. Patrons who are issued a library card are responsible for any materials checked out on that card. Patrons are required to bring their library card with them to check out any material. If a library card is lost, there is a fee of $3 to replace the lost card.

Required for Library Card

To acquire a library card, you will need:
West Virginia Residents
  • Photo ID
  • Proof of West Virginia residence
  • Fee: None
Residents of adjoining counties in the states of Ohio and Pennsylvania:
  • Photo ID
  • Proof of residence
  • Out of State Library Card Fee: $10 per year