The Street Department is responsible for the maintenance of the City's streets, alleys, and City right-of-ways. This equates to approximately 200 curbed miles of roadway.
The Street Department is responsible for:
- Paving and pothole repair
- Street sweeping
- Winter ice and snow removal
- City-wide clean up of household materials and appliances (semi-annual)
- Works in conjunction with Storm Water Management in the design, maintenance and installation of storm sewers; approximately 150 linear miles of stormwater pipe with approximately 600 storm grates and catch basins.
- Construction and maintenance of all curbing, storm sewers and roadways within the City of Weirton.