Mary H. Weir Public Library
To provide access to information, materials, programs, technology, and a space serving the information and entertainment needs of the citizens of the Weirton community.
The service of the Mary H. Weir Public Library reflects the community’s need for and use of information. The Community is the Library.
- A Reference Department of books and materials, and assistance in the research to a question
- Assistance in referral to other services and resources useful for the research and information needs of our patrons
- Access to a United States Federal Government Depository Selective information service, and West Virginia State Depository Materials
- Access to books, old newspapers, census records, and materials representing the history and the culture of Weirton, the Ohio Valley Area, and West Virginia. The library also provides an online index to the historical obituaries in the Weirton Daily Times. The library has a digital microfilm reader that can make digital copies of articles from microfilm, which can then be emailed
- A collection of books, and including collections of fiction, science fiction, mysteries, westerns, short stories, and informational nonfiction for adults, and children’s books including nonfiction, fiction, and picture books
- A collection of large print books including nonfiction and fiction titles for residents who require large print texts for comfortable reading
- Newspapers, magazines, periodicals for adults and for children
- Online and downloadable resources, databases and services including over 3000 periodical and magazines titles, the Encyclopedia Britannica, and Virtual Reference Books accessible from computers from home, office, and school. Online College catalogues and career information resources for users in the Library building.
- Access to a virtual branch, the West Virginia Deli, which was created in conjunction with seven other West Virginia Libraries. Books, audio books and video in several formats can be delivered to the patron’s home computer or handheld device using a Mary H. Weir Public Library card for access. Over 8,000 items are available.
- Access to public computers with a T1 connection, Internet access, and Microsoft productivity software for adults and computer stations with age appropriate software for younger patrons.
- Multi-media collection including a large collection of VHS format titles, and collections of DVD, and compact disc recordings.
- Notary and Wi-Fi services are provided at no cost. Photocopying, fax, and laminating services are available for a small fee.
- Educational and cultural displays
- Programming for children and adults. Family movie nights are held monthly during the school year. Story Hours Sessions are held in the spring and fall for preschoolers. A Summer Reading Program for children 3 and up is held each summer. Author visits, historical presentations, and other speakers of interest to the community are scheduled frequently.
Location:3442 Main Street Weirton, WV 26062
Contact:Phone: (304) 797-8510
Fax: (304) 797-8526 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (General Information) Email: email@example.com (Reference and/or Genealogy Questions)
Operating Hours:Winter Hours: (Labor Day to early June) Monday - Thursday - 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM Friday and Saturday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sunday - Closed Summer Hours (Early June to Labor Day) Monday - Thursday - 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Friday and Saturday - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sunday - Closed
Patrons are invited to visit the Mary H. Weir Public Library to access online resources and search the library’s catalog.
Access the library’s calendar of events and blog.
Access the West Virginia Deli (the West Virginia Digital Entertainment Library Initiative) for virtual checkout and download of eBooks, Audiobooks, music and video.
Borrowing from the library:
proof of West Virginia residence
proof of residence
Out of State Library Card Fee: $10.00 per year