The City of Weirton is looking forward to our holiday festivities. In previous years, Weirton residents have contacted the Mayor’s office to offer their tree for the City to use for the Christmas season. We are searching for three trees:
(2) trees that stand a minimum of 25 feet and (1) tree that stands a minimum of 50 feet. The trees must meet the following qualifications:
- The person submitting the tree must own the property on which it sits.
- The tree must be in Weirton's city limits.
- The limbs must be tight and not too flimsy so it can hold decorations.
- There should not be large gaps in the tree and it must look full (we should not see much of the trunk).
- It must be easily accessible so the City can cut down the tree and put it on a trailer.
If you have a pine tree that meets the above requirements and are interested in the City assessing the tree to see if it is usable for Christmas, please email pictures as well as the address to: email@example.com. You will be contacted if it is determined the tree is usable for the Christmas season.
If you have any questions, please contact Brandy Brock at (304)797-8500 Ext. 1002.