Effective October 12, 2021, new Parking Permit requirements are in effect for certain areas within the City of Weirton.
Per City of Weirton Ordinance No. 2168, areas affected are:
- Orchard Street
- 3400 Block of Zeta Street
- Beech Road
- Washington Street
- West side of Cross Street from its intersection with School Street to its intersection with Church Street
- West side of Preston Avenue from the alley south to the school property
Residents on these streets MUST obtain Parking Permits.
To obtain a Permit, you must provide:
- A valid West Virginia driver’s license; and
- A Current West Virginia vehicle registration (must be registered to the address for which the permit is being bought); and
- A current insurance card
Cost per permit is $1.00. Up to two Primary Permits (one per vehicle not to exceed two vehicles) and ONE Visitor Permit may be authorized. Permits are valid for one year beginning July 1 and ending June 30 of each year, with renewal prior to July 1 of the next year. Permits for commercial vehicles will not be issued.
Permits may be obtained by visiting the City Clerk’s office, 200 Municipal Plaza, Weirton, WV 26062, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).