2019 Municipal Elections - Poll Workers
POLL WORKERS - CITY OF WEIRTON 2019 MUNICIPAL ELECTIONS
The City of Weirton’s 2019 Municipal Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, April 2, 2019, and the General Election will be held on Tuesday, June 11, 2019.
Poll workers are needed for the elections. Citizens interested in serving in the capacity of a poll worker should reach out to the councilman of their ward. Those chosen to be poll workers will receive $190 per election for Ballot Commissioners; $170 per election for Poll Clerks/Commissioners, and $15 per training; Alternates will receive $15 per training.
To be eligible to be appointed or serve as an election official in any state, county, or municipal election held in West Virginia, a person (WV Code §3-1-28):
(1) Must be a registered voter of the county for elections held throughout the countyand a registered voter of the municipality for elections held within themunicipality: Provided, That if the required number of persons eligible toserve as election officials for a municipal election are not available or arenot willing to serve as election officials for a municipal election, aregistered voter of the county in which the municipality is located may serveas an election official for elections held within the municipality
(2) Must be able to read and write the English language;
(3) May not be a candidate on the ballot or anofficial write-in candidate in the election for any office, other than fordistrict, county, or state political party executive committee;
(4) Maynot be the parent, child, sibling, or spouse of a candidate on the ballot forany office, other than for district, county, or state political party executivecommittee, or an official write-in candidate for any office, other than fordistrict, county, or state political party executive committee, in the precinctwhere the official serves;
(5) Maynot be a person prohibited from serving as an election official pursuant to anyother federal or state statute; and
(6) Maynot have been previously convicted of a violation of any election law.